Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Where Has the Time Gone...

I just got off the phone and was just reminded me that tomorrow is... May 1st. Wow. Insane isn't it? I can't believe that it's my birthday month already. I feel like I just got to Nashville yesterday. I still don't feel settled. I still don't feel like this is home. But I think it's because it's just me and the pups. I've been lucky enough to have people come and visit me to keep me occupied and keep me sane.

I've also had a new job for a little over amonth. I couldn't stay at Pucketts. I loved the people I worked with and the people I worked for, but a server I am not. I really hate serving and I hated the hours; one day I was working mornings and the next nights. It was just too hard on my internal clock and on my body. I like bartending. It's definitely my thing. So only a few weeks after starting Pucketts I was called for an interview at the Opryland hotel. Thankfully, I nailed the interview and got a great job bartending at the Old Hickory Steakhouse. It was a rough couple of weeks of trying to survive on training money without tips, but I made it through with our tax refund, and thankfully, I really like this job. Again, I like the people I work with and the people I work for. I definitely feel lucky.

So, as I was nicely reminded, this is the month I turn thirty. Thirty. Thirtyyyyyyy. I tried to whine to my bestie about how I feel like I haven't accomplished enough. But she quickly put me in check. Which is why I love her. I have loving and supportive family and friends, own a car, two houses, a boat, I have two fabulous fur babies, and I'm finally trying to live a dream that i've had for most of my life. So, I guess I shouldn't complain about turning thirty and instead I should embrace it and be thankful that I haven't ruined my life with too many mistakes or too many regrets. Life is good. Well, pretty good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails