Saturday, January 11, 2014

Planning...

Trying to be organized is a really hard thing for a procrastinator like myself.

It's overwhelming.

Trying to plan is just too much to handle.

I'm hoping that I can start this new year off right by using my little envelope system. It's not much, but it helps out towards the end of the year when I really need to find some extra cash. Around the beginning of the Christmas season the restaurant business is just not booming like one would think. People start cutting back on dining out because they're buying things for the ones they love instead. So when i'm out buying presents, i'm usually strapped for cash. It sucks. I want to be giving, but because i'm such a poor planner, I usually end up putting things off until I actually have the cash or I'll put it on my credit card (fully knowing that I'll be able to pay it off when the restaurant picks up again). I never put anything on my credit card that I can't pay off when the bill comes. That's one of my quirks. I'm terrified of credit cards. I hate them. They're a necessary evil for emergencies, but I only have one. Thankfully I have perfect credit because of my little quirks, so I have a great rate. At the age of 25 I had a 725 credit score; now my score is 800. Not too shabby if I must say so.



This is my little system that i'm enacting again. I got away from it for awhile because alas, i'm a poor planner and I like nice things and instant gratification. But my idea is that each week I put $10 away in each envelope. So thirty dollars a week goes into some sort of savings for myself. There's no point for me to put any of this money into a savings account because let's face it, the one cent of interest I'd make is really kind of pointless, I'd just be taking the money out by the end of the year anyway. 

I like the idea. On the back of each envelope I put the date so it'll keep me honest. I'm really hoping I can stick with it this year. I'm hoping that I can have a little extra at the end of the year. My plan is that anything that's left over I'll put towards my IRA contribution for the year. 

So here's to starting the year off right and having no debt to my name. It is a great feeling!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails